cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a .mat file in Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

HI

I have a dataset in Matlab as shown in attachment. I am trying to open the data using read delimited spreadsheet vi but the output read 9 plots with sample length 34534.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong

P.S both files are available in attatchments

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,459 Views)

@naseera wrote:

HI

I have a dataset in Matlab as shown in attachment. I am trying to open the data using read delimited spreadsheet vi but the output read 9 plots with sample length 34534.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong

P.S both files are available in attatchments

Sure.  Your file is an excel spreadsheet, not a delimited file.  Either have the data saved as a delimited file or use ActiveX to read it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,413 Views)

How to convert data as delimited file. I had also attached the .mat file if is useful

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,402 Views)

Bundle of thanks for the reply

Okay I saved the file as delimited text and then run through the Labview file I get an output where values sometime reaches amplitude of 6 while if I plot the same parameters using orignal matlab my output alway lies within -4 to +4 range. 

What might be the reason for the change in parameters

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author naseera

I used Excel to save as a CSV (I think you already did this) then changed the datatype to double (your numbers have decimal places). It now reads properly.

If you only want to display integer values, round the output of the Read Delimited Spreadsheet function using a numeric conversion function like Round to Nearest or just To I32.

read.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,393 Views)