From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open URL in default browser -- doesn't

I'm trying to open up my help files (located on the computer) from within LabView and get the attached error in the JPEG.  Anyone know how to fix this?

...Dan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,308 Views)
Hello Dan.

I don't know what the "25" is actually doing, but on my PC a well-formatted address looks like this:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/...

When manually adding the leading "25" I get the same error message.
Regards, Guenter
Message 2 of 7
(3,304 Views)
Hi Dan, Guenter, I think the 20 in %20 is a hex (32 decimal = ASCII space)
the %2520? some unicode thing happening?  Any language/unicode OS or browser-changes recently?. 

Message Edited by Dynamik on 06-07-2006 02:33 AM

When they give imbeciles handicap-parking, I won't have so far to walk!
Message 3 of 7
(3,303 Views)
Thanks, guys.  I doubled-clicked on the "Open URL in default browser.vi" to see  what it was doing (part of the standard LV installation), and pilfered the "core" version that doesn't escape out the spaces.  It works fine with a complete file name.

I suppose this VI isn't used very often considering how it hacks up file names.

...Dan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,287 Views)

Actually, Dan, I have never seen the Open URL in Default Browser.vi insert a random '25' within the escaped spaces in a URL.  Could you perhaps post a very simple example VI demonstrating the problem you are seeing?

-D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,276 Views)
Here's the example.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,267 Views)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting the screenshot...I see what the problem is.  You are trying to wire a path to the Open URL VI as a string.  When this VI receives a string input, it assumes the string contains a URL...if the VI receives a path input, it assumes the string contains an absolute path to an HTML file on disk...it looks like this is the functionality you need.  Here is a screenshot of how I think your VI should work:

See how the VI is accepting a path input now instead of a string input?  With the path input, it does not try to escape space characters like it would with a URL string.

Hope this helps,
-D

Message Edited by Darren on 06-07-2006 12:52 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,254 Views)