From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open URL in Default Browser help

I use the Open URL vi to send a command to another computer. e.g. http://xxx.xx.xx.xxx:xxxx/exec?RCO.
The vi also opens a web page with some return information from the other computer. Can I suppress the openning of that web page?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,614 Views)
I'm not sure why you are using this vi anyway but there is not a way to suppress the opening since the VI is password protected. Why not use TCP or ActiveX with internet explorer.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,597 Views)
I am using the Open URL vi because I need it to send a xml file to a different computer. I don't think I tried TCP. I did find a solution however. As soon as the webpages open, I kill the process with a system command. Not elegant but it work. I'll try your idea.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,592 Views)
If you have the internet toolkit you can use the "URL Get HTTP Document" function. This uses TCP/IP functions to access a web page and load it's contents. The page is returned in "content". The header is returned as well.

Message 4 of 6
(2,587 Views)
Thansks but I don't think I do. I'm running 7.1.1 with 8.5 on order.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,578 Views)
The internet toolkit was already available in LV 7.1. If you have the developer suite you can install it from the toolkit CD.
The same is true for 8.5.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,575 Views)