LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Picture by clicking on indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

Bear with me as this is my first LabVIEW project. I've got pretty much all of the functionality that I need, but now I'm trying to optimize things a bit. Basically, I want to be able to open the screen capture by clicking on one of the indicators in the array on the right (they are set to show green when a screen capture has been taken) instead of manually inputting the channel number and clicking on the change image button. I've done some searching in the forums, but couldn't come up with anything that was this specific. If this isn't something that is possible, that would be nice to know as well, then I can move on. I can upload my VI as well if somebody wants to look at it, what I am curious about first is do I also need to include the subVI's as well? Should I just .zip my project folder? Thanks

Front Panel.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,342 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nickb34

What you want to do is add a mouse down event to your event structure. Are your LEDs an array, a cluster, or individual LEDs? If they are an array, this will be a lot easier. You just calculate which element was clicked, then you use that index and call the same code you do when the user presses the button as it stands now, using this number rather than the number they enter.

Message 2 of 4
(2,326 Views)

That's fantastic, exactly what I needed. The only thing I had to change was the decrement... I'm not sure why it was in there because the zero value would decrement to a large negative value (I assume -16bit). Looks like I need to do some more research on property nodes. I've included a picture to maybe help somebody in the future.

Open Picture by clicking on indicator.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,286 Views)

For some reason when I clicked element 0 it was giving me one and I couldn't figure out why, so I didn't bother to look into it more. Glad it worked out for you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,276 Views)