From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open MS Access from Labview- -Not a Connection to Access

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to open an Access DB from LabVIEW. I don't want to open a connection, I just want a button on the front panel that opens a specific Access DB file. I have a program that is reporting out information from this database, but I want to be able to open the database, make a change or updates, and then close the database. Update the form and poof, everything is up to date. I don't want to manipulate data from my program.

There has to be a way to open a database, right? I have searched on this subject, and I can not find a method that has worked for me to open a database.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,822 Views)

Have a look at the Database Connectivity Toolkit

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,815 Views)

But that is used to open a connection to Access. Not what I want to be doing. I want to click on the button and open a specific database. Like if I went into explorer and double clicked on the file and it opened in Access.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,809 Views)

I'm not sure if I really understand what you try to achieve. Do you want MS Access to start and then open the access db file? Or another Executable? In that case have a look at the System Exec VI

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,777 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,767 Views)

Your description is correct Jens. I have looked at the System Exec VI and I haven't gotten it to run or open the file I want it to open. I thought that should work too. Perhaps I need to just mess with it some more. 

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,762 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMerchen

Example_VI.png

Am I missing something?  This'll open a particular Access database in Access.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 7 of 9
(3,740 Views)

Thank you for the example. I have been trying to figure this out, but I didn't think it would be this simple. I shall give this a go. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,722 Views)

Thanks! It was just too simple! I of course was overthinking it and trying too many different things. That space in between is critical as well!

Thanks again!

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,719 Views)