LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open MATLAB main window from matlab node in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

At the moment (as default), when I load a vi containing a MATLAB script node, a MATLAB command window opens.

Is it possible to do something in the setup somewhere so when a vi is loaded, instead of opening the MATLAB command window, the main MATLAB window opens?

Thanks.

Ian 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,643 Views)

Ian,

I haven't been able to find any documentation of doing that directly.  However you could open the application itself using a system exec command if you just want to open a full Matlab application.

regards,

Pat b

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,573 Views)

Pat,

Yes, I can. But MATLAB opened from "MATLAB script node" in LabVIEW and from "open MATLAB application directly" are two independent instances of MATLAB. They have different "workspace".

Thanks.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,571 Views)

Tula,

Unfortunately since LabVIEW doesn't own Mathworks, you cannot open MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® program through LabVIEW MathScript nodes.  If I remember correctly there is legal tape holding that functionality back.

Regards,

Pat B.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,554 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TulaRen

Pat,

Actually, I found a workaround.

1. Within the MATLAB command window launched as MATLAB script node is loaded in LabVIEW, enter  "filebrowser", a "Curent Folder" window opens;

2. Within "Current Folder", select an existing m script,  the MATLAB main window opens. This MATLAB main window shares everything (e.g., workspace) with the one opened from MATLAB script node from LabVIEW, I can do almost any MATLAB stuff in this MATLAB main window. The only thing I cannot do is to "dock" the Command Window, but this is not as important. 

Regards

Ian

Message 5 of 5
(3,539 Views)