LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open LabVIEW 2010 project with 2011

Hello,

I'm working on a project which has been developed under LabVIEW 2010 and I just update my LabVIEW version to 2011. Nevertheless, I can't open some files with LabVIEW 2011. This include project files (.lvproj), class files (.lvclass) and some VIs.

When I try to open these files LabVIEW crashes and displays the following window :

labview_crash.JPG

Have you an idea of the origin of this problem ?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,141 Views)

Are you using any XControls? Can you isolate specific VIs that are causing the issue?

Unfortunately this is not a unique problem.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,137 Views)

XControls don't seem to be used.

I can isolate some VIs : for example VIs which are used for HTTP communication can't be opened. They are all in a same class and some of these VIs are calling VIs of the "LabVIEWHTTPClient.lvlib" library of LabVIEW 2010. Maybe it could be a source of the error ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,128 Views)

Have you tried mass compliling your LabVIEW after install?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,126 Views)

No I didn't try this. What is mass compiling ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,121 Views)

@flavienb wrote:

No I didn't try this. What is mass compiling ?

Mass compling make LabVIEW go back through all of the VI's and relink or refind them so that they are corret when used. It will take a long time for this to run so start it before lunch and it should be done after. I am not telling you that this will fix everything but it should help.

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,119 Views)

If you haven't done so already, please send in the crash report so NI can start to fix these issues. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,111 Views)

Ok thank you. I want to try this but I'm fear VIs don't work neither with 2010 nor with 2011...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,109 Views)

yes I already send the crash report to help NI to fix this issue

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,107 Views)

In your National Instruments folder you have separate sub folders for different versions of LabVIEW.  If you open a 2011 VI and mass compile it will affect the 2011 folder so your 2010 files are safe.  If there are any weird problems that do effect LabVIEW as a whole you will probably need to re-install LabVIEW completly anyway.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,085 Views)