From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open FPGA VI Reference: FPGA VI not compiled error when combining VIs.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm attempting to merge two VIs into one to allow me to monitor temperature and G forces from a MyRio 1900. Both VIs work separately, but when copying the code from the temperature sensor into the accelerometer code, I get the error 'Open FPGA VI Reference: FPGA VI not compiled error when combining VIs.'

The FPGA Target is used to read the raw temperatures from the MyRio temperature sensor, and when I run the target vi for the FPGA Target, it operates and reads temperatures without any issues. Is there an additional method of compiling this VI to solve this issue? Or any other work arounds? 

Any help is much appreciated Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,070 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HTaylor95

Hi,

If you alter the FPGA VI with new functionality, you first must make sure you recompile the "new" FPGA VI to generate a new bitfile.

Following this, make sure that you have updated the configuration for the Open FPGA VI Reference node. It may well be that the reference you are opening (e.g. bitfile) has not been updated to reflect the changes you made when merging the two Vis together.

Did you do these two steps?

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
(3,032 Views)

Yes that was it! For some reason it stopped flagging it when I went to run the VI which confused me Smiley Frustrated

Thank you for the help! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,021 Views)