From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Config Data Compatibility VI 8.6

I updated a project from LabVIEW 8.6 to LV 2010 that contained extensive use of the Configuration VIs.  Upon opening the project in LV2010  I noticed that the 'Open Config Data.vi' had been replaced with 'Open Config Data ( compatibility).vi.  Same icon as the Open Config Data.vi but with a red '8.6' on the icon.

1.) What changed from LV 8.6 to 2010 that would make me need this compatibility VI?

Plus the documentation doesn't make any sense:

NI_LVConfig.lvlib Open Config Data (compatibility).vi

The Open Config Data VI was rewritten with one new output in LabVIEW 2009 and later. Replace the Open Config Data (compatibility) VI with an Open Config Data VI from the Functions palette to use the new functionality.

2.) What new functionality?  The output 'file created? is already present...

See attached..

Thanks,

PH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,717 Views)

The config function have been re-written using LVOOP.

If your VI's open without error then the new version should work similar to the old version.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,715 Views)