LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Block Diagram in Subpanel

I just called NI to check the status of this issue and although it hasn't been fixed in LV 8.6.1, it is apparently high priority for R&D to get it fixed in the next version but there are no guarantees. Maybe if we keep bugging them with phone calls.... Smiley Sad
Message 21 of 27
(1,109 Views)
Hi Sima! There is maybe a way to do it while waiting for NI. A friend told me to put a breakpoint in the code and to disable it. When needed for debugging, you just have to enable it in the breakpoint manager and the diagram will pop-up. I didn't try it but it seems a good solution. The only modifications to our code would then be to add a breakpoint in each diagram of our subpanels and disable them.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,094 Views)
One can open the block diagram from the subpanel in LV8.6 by right-clicking on the FRAME of the subpanel.  If you right-click anywhere inside the frame, nothing happens, but if you click on the frame itself, you get the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(888 Views)

This bug is 15 years old.

Does NI still plan to fix?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(133 Views)

@Vasilich2004 wrote:

This bug is 15 years old.

Does NI still plan to fix?

I don't feel like opening up LV 8.6 at the moment, but the OP says that the bug only existed there. I happen to have 2009 open and there I don't see an issue, and experience tells me that newer versions do open the BD when you select the option, so I would say that the bug seems to have been fixed long ago.

I wanted to test again but can't because updated application and need to fix bugs.

I still use LabVIEW 2023Q1.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(79 Views)

I was wrong. Sorry if I confused anyone.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(70 Views)