From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One PPL dependency not included in executable: no direct callers, but indirectly required by another PPL

I have a project with an executable build. This build has one start-up VI (Manual Test.lvclass:64X manual test.vi) which calls a number of Packed Project Libraries (PPLs) directly: MI-187.lvlibp and MI-202.lvlibp. These directly called PPLs depend on another PPL (Serial TTY.lvlibp) which is not directly called by the start-up VI or any other non packed files.

Note: The PPLs are built with the "Exclude dependent packed libraries" checked and therefore the relative links must remain which I solve using "Preserve disk hierarchy" in the executable build spec.

After building the executable and attempting to run it, it complains about the missing Serial TTY.lvlibp files.

Any idea why this file is not being included automatically by the LabVIEW build engine?

It's clearly a dependency as shown below:

LabVIEW_ef2XpOXwIX.png

On the build spec, if I deselect "Remove unused members of project libraries" the Serial TTY PPL is included, but then I get build errors due to palette menus included in other PPLs unless I also deselect "Use fast file format".

Can't seem to win...

What's the most elegant way of fixing this? I don't want to have to include dependencies manually if I can help it.

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,903 Views)