LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On site training

I have contacted  NI in the past to ask about on-site Labview training, is this service still available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,170 Views)

Annie16 wrote:

I have contacted  NI in the past to ask about on-site Labview training, is this service still available?

Last I heard, yes.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,165 Views)
Contact a local Training Affiliate.  I worked for an Alliance Member company that provided training and they did on-site training.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 9
(3,161 Views)

My colleague has been to the 3 days training course but it doesn't seems helpful for them to get on the programming. I am thinking maybe if someone from NI could come here an show me programming for real application, that may be more useful. Could you advice? Also, if this is a solution, could you advice on a quotation, please, prefereably as a lump sum ratehr than charging per hour. The likelihood that I could go ahead with an order like this depends on the success rate of me getting onto the program efficiently.

Please advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,161 Views)

Annie16 wrote:

My colleague has been to the 3 days training course but it doesn't seems helpful for them to get on the programming. I am thinking maybe if someone from NI could come here an show me programming for real application, that may be more useful. Could you advice? Also, if this is a solution, could you advice on a quotation, please, prefereably as a lump sum ratehr than charging per hour. The likelihood that I could go ahead with an order like this depends on the success rate of me getting onto the program efficiently.

Please advice.

As Jim mentioned check with NI's training co-ordinator and explain your situation. If they can't provide the type of training you need then ask your local NI rep for an alliance member in your area that can customize training for your needs.

Ben 

If all of those attempts fail (and depending on where you are located in the world) my company will adapt training to your needs. We have about seven Certified LabVIEW Architects on staff and most of them are certified  (I am not) to teach NI courses or if you choose train your people for the applications you use.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,154 Views)
kudos for managing to sneak a Zero Wing reference into a sensible forum!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,145 Views)

I believe you can learn plenty by going through a few tutorials and asking questions on this forum.  The three-day course (Basics I) is enough to get started if you already have programming experience.  Have you programmed before?

What do you have in mind when you say "programming for real application"?  I'm sure we'd be able to help you begin.  🙂

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,132 Views)

nrp wrote:
kudos for managing to sneak a Zero Wing reference into a sensible forum!

It was an accident.  I'd be interested if you would clue me in!

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,130 Views)

Hi Annie16 -

I can definitely vouch for onsite training still being available, usually you just have to ask around!  Both NI corporate and its 'certified training center' partners should be able to get you any information/quotes you need. 

For full disclosure, my company is one such certified center, and we regularly issue quotes/travel to interested customers anywhere in the US.  Onsite training has become more popular in recent months as people try and organize lectures that are tailored to their team's specific needs (in order to get the most value/$), and an experienced instructor can really be an asset in picking/choosing what you need in your class.  Please feel free to email/message me if you have a specific question or are looking for ballpark figures.  If I can help I'll be happy to. If not, I can certainly direct you to the people at corporte who can.

Cheers,
Elaine R.
www.bloomy.com
Message 9 of 9
(3,116 Views)