From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my diagram the right part the wires on the right disapear LABVIEW 2014

Hi everybody,

before i save my project all is ok.

Sometimes when i load the project , my wires disapear on the rigth of my diagram.

I can clean the diagram, the result is the same .

Someone as an idea  ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,698 Views)

Hi electro,

according to the scrollbar your block diagram is huge.

Too huge for LabVIEW: the limit is about 32k pixel width (and height, exactly 2^15-1). (Or was it 2^14-1?)

Solution:

1. Create a backup of your VI and keep it in a safe place. Just to be on the safe side.

2. Cleanup your VI to use more subVIs.

3. Repeat step 2 as often as you need to get the block diagram below 32k pixel width.

Generic advice:

Read the LabVIEW StyleGuide (in the LabVIEW help) and follow those rules!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(2,697 Views)

As the positions are stored as absolute coordinates, and the right has reached it's limits, you might have some luck selecting everything, and moving it to the left. Of course, that might cause the same problem on the left... but changes are you've started at 0,0, so you might have room on the left.

Not sure if ctrl+alt+drag (shrink space) works in 2014. That would help a lot. Perhaps even a reason to upgrade.

These are just quick fixes, in general you should not let your program become like this. Refactoring is recommended. Depending on the code, maybe even a restart.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,677 Views)

Hi

thanks you !

It s ok now.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,671 Views)

@électro wrote:

Hi

thanks you !

It s ok now.

Already done refactoring? That's fast! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,667 Views)

General Rule-of-Thumb is that your VI's block diagram should be no larger than 1 screen size.  I realize this is usually not practical in top level VIs.  But with a proper architecture and modularity (ie subVIs), you should not need much more than the 1 screen to see all of your diagram.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,637 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Too huge for LabVIEW: the limit is about 32k pixel width (and height, exactly 2^15-1). (Or was it 2^14-1?)

For reference, the valid coordinates are I16 and go from -32768 to 32767 (details).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,630 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

General Rule-of-Thumb is that your VI's block diagram should be no larger than 1 screen size.  I realize this is usually not practical in top level VIs.  But with a proper architecture and modularity (ie subVIs), you should not need much more than the 1 screen to see all of your diagram.

Are you sure about that?  This is what my top level VIs generally look like.  (Heavily influenced by this post by Ben in the Channel Wires Discussion Forum.)

BD.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 8 of 11
(2,626 Views)

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

I realize this is usually not practical in top level VIs.

Are you sure about that?

Ok, let me rephrase that slightly: GUI heavy top level VIs.  Yes, I have managed to shrink a lot of these down by using Queued Message Handlers (QMH) and the like.  But I have several applications out there that the top level just could not quite be shrunk to 1 screen.  But scrolling is almost always just horizontally.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 11
(2,616 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

I realize this is usually not practical in top level VIs.

Are you sure about that?

Ok, let me rephrase that slightly: GUI heavy top level VIs.  Yes, I have managed to shrink a lot of these down by using Queued Message Handlers (QMH) and the like.  But I have several applications out there that the top level just could not quite be shrunk to 1 screen.  But scrolling is almost always just horizontally.

Some of my GUIs will look like that under the hood.  You're right that sometimes you have to grow beyond a screen, mine usually grow/scroll horizontally, also.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,601 Views)