LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On line installs are a bad thing

So after waiting over two hours for LabVIEW 2019 to download and install it stopped with an error message about one part not being installed and blames my internet connection.

Now I have to start completely over? 

For the amount of money my company has been paying every year for the lase 20 years WE DESERVE TO GET ACTUAL INSTALL MEDIA!

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 1 of 5
(1,959 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

So after waiting over two hours for LabVIEW 2019 to download and install it stopped with an error message about one part not being installed and blames my internet connection.

Blame NIPM.  "The message is wrong" -- it has nothing to do with the Internet.  Here's what you do when this happens:

1. Cancel that particular Install, but continue with the rest.
  2. If you get a lot more failures, cancel everything.
  3. Now repeat, but this time, only choose one or two choices, and only a few "add-ons".
  4. Keep "installing piecemeal" until everything you want is done.
  5. Remember (in the Good Old Days) they said "Install LabVIEW, Toolkits, and Modules first, and then install Drivers"?  It is still true, though NIPM will force some drivers even if you don't ask for them (I'm looking at you, VISA).

For the amount of money my company has been paying every year for the lase 20 years WE DESERVE TO GET ACTUAL INSTALL MEDIA!

I guess you didn't get the Memo (and I've misplaced the URL).  You can request a USB Flash Drive with LabVIEW 2019 on it -- it is called "USB128 Kit, NI Software Platform Bundle -- Spring 2019.  Having said that, my most recent installs were all from the Web interface (2019 is changing as we speak, I suspect).

Bob (I Feel Your Pain) Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,903 Views)

Are you saying that it is no longer possible to get physical install media at all?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,889 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Are you saying that it is no longer possible to get physical install media at all?

I had no trouble doing this -- in fact, it was much easier this year, I just ordered it and a week later, it arrived in the mail.  I think there was a link to do this on some NI site, but I don't remember where it was ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,850 Views)

Hi,

I usually call my local NI support engineer because the ECM suite I use is not listed in the options when you want to order the (USB) media on the webpage linked to in the "new version" announcement email…

Then I get my media also within one or two weeks.

(The ECM suite seems to be a wierd thing inside the NI universe: it also is not listed in the options when you want to activate your installation using the web-based installation service…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,826 Views)