From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old PCI-1751 missing .vi

Hi

I made this program for about 20 years ago in version 6. It uses 1-wire temp senor ds18b20 as input and PCI-1751 as output.

I abandoned this project and forgot it for 15 years. Then a burglar stole several of my hard drives, (both original and backup) so I lost a lot of files, including installation for PCI-1751 and I can´t find the CD. Now I want to pick up this project (I saved this file in several places) again but can´t find the missing files, DeviceOpen.vi DIOWriteBit.vi DeviceClose.vi

I have installed driver for PCI-1751, both hardware in Windows 10 and Labview driver. I use version 2013 now, and I tried 2020 and 2021 too, but can´t find anything to replace the missing files.

I have not used Labview for 15 years so please push me in the right direction to solve this problem.

/ Tony

Labview.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,023 Views)

This seems an Advantech board: https://www.advantech.com/products/1-2mlkco/pci-1751/mod_19d4be9a-35c4-4aa9-b2d6-b7cde68d60b5

Their current driver architecture seems to be called XNavi and may not be a drop in replacement for what you used back then. But it’s likely the best you can get for recent LaBVIEW versions.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,014 Views)

Hi.

I have installed this driver earlier but I can´t find any replacement .vi.

Is the PCI card too old?

If I buy a new PCI card, what is a god replacement?

/ Tony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(996 Views)

Well you have the documentation. Is your card listed as being supported by the driver? As I said it is very unlikely to be a drop in replacement for those VIs. 20 years is a very long time and just about anybody has created a new driver architecture in that time if they are even still in the market. The new drivers are often similarly structured but not the same. Most times they support more hardware and more possibilities in a cleaner and better designed interface.

you’ll have to read the documentation to see if your card is still supported and if it is find the new functions to do digital out and use them instead of the old ones.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(981 Views)