From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline installer of LabVIEW NGX

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear NI community,

is there a chance to install LabVIEW NXG without having active internet connection? Is there some offline installer?
If no, is it planned to have it? Because you know, that in many production areas, where could be need to install SW, there is no internet connection b/c of security reasons.
How then it could be handled?

Thanks a lot,

Sincerely, kosist90

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,833 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kosist90

Kosist90,

LabVIEW NXG is included when you purchase LabVIEW and the media shipped to you can install both products.  The media installation is a USB device.  Here is a link to the purchase page for LabVIEW NXG.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/1385

The online installer is a convenience available for many customers who want to start downloading and using the product as soon as they have purchased it.  In the case where you need an offline installer, the product that is shipped to you includes the USB, you just have to wait a few days for the shipment.

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 2 of 5
(4,778 Views)

EricR, thanks a lot - now it's clear for me.

Sincerely, kosist90

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,760 Views)

when will I receive my NXG media so that i may install in a location with no outside connectivity?  I have had an active dev license since 2012.  Also, how can i install the beta offline?  I've applied for it, and i'm just trying to get ahead of the install in case its not available offline

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,620 Views)

@charlesjay wrote:

how can i install the beta offline?  I've applied for it, and i'm just trying to get ahead of the install in case its not available offline

NI said at http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Software-Technology-Preview/LabVIEW-NXG-2-0-Beta-Installation-Guide/tac-p... :

We are not going to offer a beta installer for the environment that has no internet connection.

The primary reason is that we are collecting user feedback, which we will not be able to do from offline machines. This is very important to us as we use such feedback to make improvements for the product.

However, you could create a virtual machine with the beta installed on an online environment and move the file over to the offline environment. 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,482 Views)