LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Source Control Locks LV 8.2

A colleague of mine reported this and i'm sorry to verify it:

If you have your SCC database on a network and you have SCC enabled in LV and you disconnect from the network the next time you want to open a VI that is on the SCC LabVIEW hangs. Reason:
The missing of the SCC is reported with an -2976 error dialog. Together with that labview tries to load some files (in my case the general error handler, ironically) This find VI window has focus and is modal. BUT the error window stop execution of everything somenow, but I can't reach the button!!!! Hitting Stop on the loading window doesn't do anything!
This looks like a beginners error! Smiley Mad
Even disabling SCC will do this.
In lv 8.0 I got a ton error messages (for every item one) but this is very bad!!!!!
In this case I can't work off-line!

Additional info: i'm using MS Visual SourceSafe on windows XP
Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 09-20-2006 05:47 PM

Message Edited by TonP on 09-20-2006 05:49 PM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 1 of 6
(3,614 Views)
Can anyone verify this?
Help Please,

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,579 Views)
In order to get you up and running you can follow the instructions in this knowledge base - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/c9ab8db4fe06356486257163004f0f0c

You will need to reconfigure source control once you are online again. Not an ideal situation, but it should allow you to work offline.
George M
National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(3,531 Views)
Well it is another issue (and I'm using 8.2) but I also had to restart my PC... I think I build some labview.ini editor that comments and uncomments the scc lines...

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,530 Views)
Ton,

This was reported to R&D (# 4214C9QG) for further investigation.  Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,496 Views)
I received feedback from NI and this will be fixed in the next release.

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,405 Views)