From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oddity in MAX simulation

Is there an inherent, non-mechanical difference, between the spring terminal and the DSub versions of cDAQ devices that would warrant having the two types as a selection in the MAX simulation? Am I missing something? Is there a way to convert the simulation configuration to a real one? I just use the sim version to provide a "target" for the various DAQmx tasks I am trying in my program.

MAX sim config.png

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,132 Views)

If all you're using this for is a simulation while you wait for real hardware I don't think there's an appreciable difference as you'll still just have A0 through A7 outputs and don't need to care about anything else.

In the "real world", there's a couple differences.  First, the datasheet lists different specs:

250 Vrms, CAT II, channel-to-earth isolation (screw and
spring terminal); 60 VDC, CAT I, channel-to-earth isolation
(DSUB)

And second, if you select the device in NI-MAX and click the "Device Pinouts" button it'll bring you to a different picture.

I think the main reason both versions are in the dropdown is so NI can just use the same list in the dropdown for both real and simulated versions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,110 Views)