LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics - dll error

Hello,
I am trying to use Labview (version 8.6, 2020, 64 bit, running on Windows 10) to interface with my Ocean Insight FLAME spectrometer and I am having some trouble.

I would like to be able to set the integration time, scans to average, boxcar width, and light and dark references, then continuously acquire data and save it to a file.

First I tried just downloading the drivers and following the sample programs but I could not figure out how to set the scans to average.

Next I tried installing OmniDriver with SPAM (Windows 64 bit version) and following this tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT5C43D3rRA&ab_channel=OceanInsight

But I keep getting a dll error:

Error 1097 occurred at call library function node in Wrapper_Create.vi -> Omni_test

Does anyone know how to fix this error, or even better, set the scans to average without using Omnidriver at all?

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,006 Views)
1097 is a very generic error that occurs when calling a DLL, so it's really hard to say what is causing it.
For averaging, I just collect the data (spectra in this case) in a for loop, each time adding the data arrays together and then dividing by the number of loops afterward.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(970 Views)

Here is an example of averaging:

capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(968 Views)