LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB2000+ not detected by NI MAX or LabVIEW

It appears that the Ocean Optics device is considered an Instrument, not a Camera, by LabVIEW.  I found an article on the Ocean Optics site called "How do I create a LabVIEW .vi using OmniDriver and COM", which mentioned linking to their SPAM.dll routine and using their API function calls.  Have you tried doing this?

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,198 Views)

To get the labview/visa version to work, you first have to solve the problem in device manager. You need to right click on the winusb instance, update the driver manually and point it to the INF file provided in the NI driver downloads. Specifically you want to point windows at the /visa_usb/usb4000/ folder, at which point it should find the appropriate INF file. If you did it right, you should have a new category in device manager called "NI VISA Instruments" or something along those lines, and then it will show up in MAX as a visa usb device. To switch back you follow the same process but point it at the ocean optics driver folder instead, and it will use those INF files. You can't use the oceanoptics suite at the same time as the labview code -- you have to switch.

You can also stick with the oceanoptics driver (which appears to be loaded fine) and use their omnidriver software.

Message 12 of 15
(1,186 Views)

Thank You. This has solved my issue.

After updating  the driver properly from device manger, device is showing in NIMAX, and I am able to access the device in LABVIEW. 

Thanks again..!!..

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,183 Views)

Hi Bob,

After updating the driver properly in device manager, I am able to access the device in Labview.

I didn't try with omnidriver.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,180 Views)

I hope you have found the answer to ur problem. Well those who haven't, go to device manager. If it is working in spectrasuite it means you will see the device listed as STS under ocean optics section...right click on sts and make update driver..the choose driver manually and navigate to where u have downloaded the 2000-4000 drivers from labview drivers page (not omni). U will find a folder ni visa...point to that folder and let the installation happen....if everything goes correctly u will see in device manager   ni visa devices section...and you will find ur spectrometer here

Ok now open max and u will see ur spectrometer under devices and interface section with a wierd and long name. Rename it to something small and convenient...u r good to go 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,044 Views)