LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects on front page moving after reopening labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

The problem is that after saving and quitting my labview project, when I re-open the project all of the decorations on the front panel are moved around and even some of the buttons have shifted.  

I have tried this multiple times, moving things back into position and then saving and quitting.  Every time I open this project, the same things happens.  This has not happened to me before, and I have not seen this with any other projects.

I saw that something similar happened to someone else back in version 8.2.  The suggestion for a fix at the time was to upgrade.

I am using Labview 2011 to put this program together.

Here are some pictures for illustration:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,023 Views)
I would suggest you to group everything and lock it and then quit and re-open it should fix it but why it happens I don't have answer.
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author djconfused

You indicated this happens with this project. Only this project? Presumably it does not normally happen. This would imply an issue with the VI, and not with LabVIEW. Have you tried copying the contents of the VI onto a new VI? Open a new VI, select everything on the block diagram of the original, and drag over to the new one. Save the new VI, close it, and then reopen it. Does it do the same thing? If so, you may have a corrupted front panel element that's been there all along. Try removing things using the "half" method. Remove half the stuff. See what happens. Keep doing this until you narrow down the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,987 Views)

Looks like that fixed it.  I am still not sure what was wrong with the vi, but copying the code, pasting it over to a newly opened vi, rearranging everything, and saving it with a new name fixed the problem.  Not exactly the most elegant solution, but a solution nontheless.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,974 Views)