From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object tracking troubles (need fine tuning)

Hello everyone. I have this uni project where I'm suppose to use a camera to track objects live. In the labview, I have used my web-cam to act as a temporary camera first. Using this webcam, I have managed to produce a red rectangle box whenever an object moves within the vision of the camera. This red box will track the object and follows it around. After this, I have added a yellow line which will trace the movement of the object using some examples I found online. However, there are some fine tuning that I have no idea how to do. 

1. The box tracking the object moves wildly. If the red box moves slower and is more stable, it would be much better for my project. Currently, I couldn't "tame" the movement of the box. Any suggestions?

2. The yellow line, although able to trace the movement, it doesn't produce a proper straight line. It will produce multiple lines at different angles that points to the object's previous positions. Its kinda hard to explain in words. Any suggestions to make the line properly trace the movement?

I have included my labview file for all to see. Thanks alot for any help 🙂

Note: The subVI is for one of the subs in my main program.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,345 Views)