LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Property search

If you create a property of an object, you can open that vi and r-click the icon for a "Find all instances" as with any VI.

However, with a normal VI you can r-click in the project and choose Find Callers. This only works for VIs in memory for the property, any way around that?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(914 Views)

So you are saying that for property accessor VIs, the "Find callers" will only find VIs in memory that are callers?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(895 Views)

Yes, exactly.

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(864 Views)

I just checked and confirmed in LV 2015 that if I have an class accessor VI, then the project right click >> find callers option only shows VIs which are already loaded.

I wasn't aware that this was the case and I would say that it should probably be considered a bug. I'm assuming that the code behind the menu option simply wasn't updated to handle that specific case when the accessors feature was added and most people don't notice, because usually the code you care about is already loaded.

I can't think of a workaround offhand. There might be a combination of properties and methods you can use to get this data yourself, but I didn't look into them.

Edit: Ignore this post please. I cannot seem to delete my post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(832 Views)

Since tst confirmed it, I suggest you post a link to this thread in https://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Annual-bug-thread-for-2021/td-p/4110051

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(828 Views)

Addendum: This was in LV2018, when i tried it at home in Community version (LV2020) it seemed to work as expected.

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(827 Views)