LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: What is a "C-Scan image" in the context of Ultrasonic testing?

I never heard of this term before someone asked me.

Anyone know what this is?

Curious,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,028 Views)
Something Like this?

Oddly enough I just read about ultrasonic testing last week (I dont use it but was looking into it for an unrealted issue)  And a c-scan is a scan over an entire surfece at a specidied depth.  Where an A-scan is a the raw ultrasonic data and a B-scan is a line of A-scans.  A double check of my memory might be needed. 

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 3 of 6
(4,015 Views)

Engineers are alware so creative with our naming conventions,  I would think a point scan, line-scan and area scan would be more descriptive or at least call it alpha beta and gamma to make it sound more important.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 4 of 6
(4,012 Views)

It's better that we as engineers use simple naming conventions like a, b, and c... can you imagine if biologists or doctors started naming conventions for variables or such things? It'd be rediculous...

Though I guess such is jargon for a reason.

Message 5 of 6
(3,996 Views)

Thanks to all.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,973 Views)