Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPEN/READ ATTACHED FILE

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Friend Knight of NI,

I hope we can solve the problem using the LabVIEW.Smiley Happy

I have no solution in Matlab. I just asked if anyone knew if Matlab Code could solve the problem! Just like that!Smiley Wink

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 42
(960 Views)

We clearly need the file specification.

• Where does the file come from.
  • What program produced it?
  • What kind of information do you expect to find in it?

The file is mostly binary. Doing a histogram, gives almost equal distribution for all possible octets with some overpopulation of \s and \ff and a very slight bias for some codes in the printable region. Curiously \00 is completely absent from the file. There are clear sections with different patterns. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42
(954 Views)

Dear Friend,

In the past, I asked the "same question" in the NI Forum. How to read or open the file? At least a hint using LabVIEW. Unfortunately, I did not get help. Perhaps people did not understand the question. The Taki1999 showed me a website on the RELAP5 Code. Thanks to Taki 1999 !!!Smiley Happy

Answering your questions:

1 - Where does the file come from.
2 - What program produced it?

The file is a RELAP5 output file.

RELAP5 is a Thermal-Hydraulic Safety Analysis Code.

3 - What kind of information do you expect to find in it?

I look for the calculated variables by RELAP5. For example, fluid temperatures (tempf), void fractions (voidf), etc.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42
(938 Views)

@Prof. Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Dear Friend,

In the past, I asked the "same question" in the NI Forum. How to read or open the file? At least a hint using LabVIEW. Unfortunately, I did not get help. Perhaps people did not understand the question. The Taki1999 showed me a website on the RELAP5 Code. Thanks to Taki 1999 !!!Smiley Happy

That is not at all true.  You must be talking about this thread. Read test.txt file (binary file or what???) with LabVIEW 8.6 from only a few weeks ago.  You received quite a bit of help there and even marked Taki's message as the solution.  Now you are finally giving some relevant details in this thread, and it turns out you are asking about the same things you were asking in that thread.  What's the deal!

Nobody can help you figure out how to read a binary file without you providing any details on what the file is and where it came from.  It's taken you 13 messages in this thread to finally do that.  (Did you notice that the people trying to help here were asking you exactly the same kinds of questions in this thread as they did in that thread?)

Did you try to contact the software developers directly as Taki pointed out you should do in that thread?

Message 14 of 42
(932 Views)

Finally we get a name.... a small step forward. 😉

So is your problem solved? Did you find a website describing the RELAP5 data format in detail? Can you post the link?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42
(931 Views)

Knight of NI Dear Friend,

Good News! Smiley Very Happy

The RELAP5 code generates a second output file in ASCII format. It's better now! Smiley Happy

I am sending the attached file (tm3.zip). Note that the variables calculated by RELAP5 appear from the line 5108 in the output file.

time         tempf             tempf          tempf          tempf          tempf        tempf           tempf
 (s)       100050000    120020000   120050000  120070000  120100000  120110000  160010000

(K)                  (K)              (K)              (K)              (K)           (K)                (K)

And come again in lines 7998, 10888, 13778, etc.. Steps = 2890 lines each.

I'm trying to use the attached vi  (Read_Spreadsheet_in_Parts_lv86.vi), but I have problem to start the first line (number 5108).

What do you think?

Could you help me to improve the attached vi now?

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 42
(890 Views)

I think I've Rubed this one up pretty badly, but I'll let the smarter guys weigh in how to make this better.

Read odd Text File.png

Hopefully you can adapt this to your needs in case you need other sections of the file.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 42
(868 Views)

Taki 1999 - Dear Friend,

Thanks for the tip! Smiley Happy

I will use it in vi.

If I have any questions, I will ask help on forum

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42
(848 Views)

Knight of NI - Dear Friend,

As you helped me a lot, what do you think of the Taki1999's tip? Smiley Happy

Any suggestion or idea? Smiley Wink

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42
(845 Views)

You're asking for suggestions about a suggestion!?  That's counter-productive, don't you think?  Try it out and see how it works then post the results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 42
(834 Views)