LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA toolit 2017 slow connection to S7-1500

HI,

I am trying to port my OPC UA 2016 communication to OPC UA Toolkit 2017. Unfortunately, the connection (vi) process takes 15-22s. With the previous version that was a few seconds only. I am not using any certificates and the "Trust any server" flag was set to True.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,021 Views)

@xGreaTx wrote:

HI,

I am trying to port my OPC UA 2016 communication to OPC UA Toolkit 2017. Unfortunately, the connection (vi) process takes 15-22s. With the previous version that was a few seconds only. I am not using any certificates and the "Trust any server" flag was set to True.

Hi, @xGreaTx,

It sounds like your are trying to port your OPC UA 2016 communication to OPC UA Toolkit 2017. It also sounds like the connection (vi) process takes 15-22s, which you find unfortunate. Especially since (as you say), with the previous version, that was a few seconds only.

It also sounds like you are not using any certificates and that the "Trust any server" flag was set to True.

I suspect the help I just gave is about all you can get on this issue, however, as that's the extent of the information that we have.

Could you attach some of your VIs? And provide a description of what you are trying to do, what troubleshooting you have done so far, etc?

Thank you,

joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(962 Views)

Hello joeobob,

I have made two test apps. For the 2016 version, a time difference is around 3s in the 2017 OPCUA Toolkit version between 19-23s.

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(932 Views)