From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Toolkit for LabView 2020 - Release

Solved!
Go to solution

This is very disappointing to hear.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,548 Views)

And here I was thinking that I could install the 2019 toolkit on a LabVIEW 2020 system...(which is the impression I got when I asked about why our volume license was still for 2019 when everything else was for 2020) 😠. It is not like OPC UA is getting less popular either...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,448 Views)

Some time ago I got the same info about the OPC UA Toolit by NI support.

Now I see two possibilities, either NI drops OPC UA support, which would be a bad idea or they finally decided to fully integrate OPC UA into LabVIEW and NXG, which would require quite some efforts, thus explaining the delay of the release. 🤔

Any hint towards the latter more optimistic path would be welcome! 😉

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,400 Views)

Any updates or official info on this topic? 

Indeed it would be very disappointing if NI would drop OPC-UA support since it's an industry standard.

So I hope NI can confirm they are working on the full integration in LV2020 and future versions?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,336 Views)

I agree with you all!

OPC UA is an industrial standard and it is rising in popularity.

I really hope NI releases a LV2020 OPC UA Toolkit soon!

One thing irritates me a lot though: I bought the OPC UA license a few months ago. And the NI representative assured me that the OPC UA LV2020 version would be released soon, "NI R&D is working hard on it" he told me.....

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author matrixx567

Just discovered that 2020 is out...the NI Update service had not notified me of it, but searching for it here the version list now included 2020:

https://www.ni.com/en-no/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-opc-ua-toolkit.html#36...

(If you have VLM: Our Volume License for LabVIEW 2020 is still stuck on 2019 for the OPC toolkit so I guess we need another round of requests for an update there, it is really annoying how volume licenses are not updated automatically and swiftly even though they have been purchased...)

Message 16 of 18
(1,245 Views)

That are good news.

The problem with the volume license is an old one. I've had the same problems after upgrading to LV2020. Last time it took a week or two to get a new license file from NI.

Greets

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,226 Views)

That's surprising and good news!

Thanks for the hint!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,216 Views)