LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Toolkit client cannot Read "Bool" from SIEMENS S7-1500 PLC

FYI, I got a working "ni_opcua.dll" from NI. The "Multiple Write.vi" is not working yet, but NI is working on a solution 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,973 Views)

Is there a public patch in the meantime?

Reading the OPC variables works. But writing does not work.
I can also pinpoint the problem through records with Wireshark.

Is there an alternative instead of the "OPC-write" function in the toolkit?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,940 Views)

They solved my writing problem as well. In context with the OPC server we are using (B&R PLC), the server did seem not to accept any write request with a time stamp attached to the data (checking with a successful write request from UaExpert, the timestamp seemed to be the only difference in the write requests seen in Wireshark).

There is an unofficial patch (not public). They are working on it to make it public.

Afaik, there is no alternative to the OPC write function.

Best,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,926 Views)

I also received a 'NEW Multiple Wirte Variant.vi' from NI along with the ni_opcua.dll patch.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,924 Views)

The new OPC UA Toolkit V 17.0.2 with this bugfix is available:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-opc-ua-toolkit-2017/6846/en/

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,903 Views)

We are facing a simliar problem. Sending an empty string to a Beckhoff OPCUA server results in a crash of the server. We are using an Beckhoff SPS Win 7 with TwinCat 3.5 with an OPCUA server. 

• Sending an empty string to the server with LabVIEW OPCUA Toolkit 2017.0.2 will send [Opc Ua Null String] as value  (logged via wireshark)
    • As a result the Beckhoff SPS OPCUA server crashes 
  • Sending an empty string with an other client e.g. OPCUA Experts works. According to the wirshark log the client is sending an [Opc Ua Empty String] as value

• Unterschied.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,856 Views)

Hello, could you please tell me where I can find/download this client?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,077 Views)