From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Server Update Item node status

Hi LabVIEW experts!

Some background:

I'm working with LabVIEW OPC UA toolkit (v2018 SP1) and cRIO LabVIEW Real-Time. In a host pc application, the OPC UA server is run, and there's an OPC UA client running in the real-time target.

In a host pc application, the OPC UA server is run, and there's an OPC UA client running in the real-time target.

I would like to update the item's node status whenever the connection server-client is established. I mean, firstly before the server's refresh time loop starts, I set the item's node status to "Bad", and each time I write the item value (on client-side), I set node status to "Good". Up to this point, everything works well. The node status is updated correctly (the first time or with the value wrote by the client when it's connected), but the problem is, that I'd like to set node status to "Bad" when the cRIO client is disconnected from the server (the VI is not running)

Have anyone any idea of how to do that? I've been looking for it everywhere without getting any answer.

I attached the server. vi to help. All contained in the diagram disabled structures is what I do (a shorter way) when the client writes values on the server.

OPC UA server_block diagram.png

 I  appreciate all comments and advice. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(804 Views)