LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Alarms&Events under development?

Hi,

We need to develop a LabVIEW-application that communicates with a 3rd party OPC UA Server.

This should be feasible with the DSC toolkit that includes the OPC UA Client VI's.

However the 3rd party controller will also make the alarms available via the "Alarms&Events"-feature.

I don't suppose this feature is available in the UA VI's in the DSC-toolkit?

Is this under development?

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,852 Views)

Hey Thomas, 

I'd check out the below link for an overview of the concepts and DSC Alarms Demo.lvproj in the labview\examples\lvdsc\Data and Alarm Historical Logging\DSC Alarms Demo directory for an example of using alarms.

Using Alarms and Events in DSC Module Applications (DSC Module): http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371618J-01/TOC20.htm

You can also log alarms and events either to a Citadel database or to a user-created relational database as per: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12525/en/

Hope this helps point you in the right direction! 

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,812 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

As I understood, OPC UA is a new version of OPC (platform independant), and is supported in the DSC toolkit.

Could you however confirm that the "alarms&events" functionality for OPC UA is not yet supported in the DSC toolkit.

I think the link that you've mentioned is for the "alarms& events" of the 'generic' OPC, not the UA.

I heared (through the grapevine) that 'a&e'-support for OPC UA would be available after NI Days this year.

Would this be correct?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,809 Views)

Hi Thomas,

I'm afraid we can't make such forward looking statements. I can say that we will be changing our OPC UA offering in the 17.0 release, which is planned for the NI Week timeframe. Keep your ears open 🙂

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,801 Views)

Hi ThomasV,

You are right. The OPC UA 17.0 adds "Alarms&Events" and "History Access" functions and will be released after NI Week. And OPC UA toolkit will be separated from DSC from 17.0.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,787 Views)

Thanks for the confirmation!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,782 Views)