LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOP Structure for a Machine with Multiple Stations

This seems like a simple structure setup, but I just want to get some input if this is the right approach. Basically I have a machine with 8 stations (2 shown in the example below) running in parallel loops. I'm planning on having a "machine class" that has things like the machine name, location, and number of stations for private class data. Then I'll have a "station class" that will contain all the data for each individual station and references to all the controls and indicators for each station.
Is my general structure shown below correct? Basically, populate a single machine object with machine level data, then run a FOR loop to produce and populate 8 (2 in example below) station objects all with duplicate machine data populated in it. The station is a child of the machine, so it inherits all the machine level private data. Station loops should never need to write machine level data. The station loops only have to write station level data. But station loops will need to read machine level data as shown in the example. 

2020-05-27 17_06_33-Structure Testing Basic.vi Block Diagram on GOOP testing.lvproj_My Computer.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,656 Views)