From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFLINE installer needs an internet connection?

I have been trying to install LabVIEW 2020 for two days now. The online installer always fails and says to check my internet connection.

So I downloaded the offline DVD ISO and expanded it on the hard drive of the computer.

Running the OFFLINE installer fails with this message about checking my internet connection.

OfflineCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,177 Views)

I do not know why this message appears.  It is misleading, at best, and NI Support knows this!  Maybe it is the "If we can't match up with another Error Message, use the first (or last?) one on the list" situation.  A better one would be "We have no idea why this failed -- please call NI Technical Support and submit a Ticket".

I've been getting these since NIPM was first released.  The "fix" never had anything to do with the Internet.

One thing to try -- when running NIPM, do "one thing at a time", i.e. only LabVIEW (no Drivers, almost no "Add ons", reboot, one Module (still no Drivers), Drivers last.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,099 Views)

Also make sure you "Run As Administrator".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,070 Views)