From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCR for low quality image

Stop trying to use a toolkit that has been discontinued for 8 years to talk to F/W that may not have even been written then!
RTFM and write your own driver - its not difficult.
The reason the toolkit was discontinued will simply be that the person who wrote it left FLIR and they didn't sell enough of it to be worth the cost of a LabVIEW license + ongoing dev costs to maintain, when most developers will be tweaking anyway and LabVIEW is not the only programming language out there that connects to a simple serial interface - or TCP - which ever you need to write.
The commands will quite quite simple once you've got the basic protocol setup and you should probably be able to transfer the image across the interface too for analysis if you need.
(Vision license costs circa1000 for each instance deploy on top of the development license - I know most people would write the coms driver rather than pay the vision deployment cost if they can avoid it, if using in more than one system, and use the lower level built in graphics functions). Upgrades are charged too on the vision module.

But if you've got loads of money and perfect lighting...😉

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(710 Views)

@Pukhtun_Yum wrote:

- I am connecting the camera through USB-2

- I am using windows 10

- I contacted FLIR customer service and they gave me drivers

- The FLIR customer service told me that the toolikit is discontinued

- When I connect T335 camera with the computer the following appears (picture attached)

alexderjuengere_0-1630097459726.png

when the usb2.0 connection is established with the device windows indicates this with an audio file, like one of thes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKDh-9bwDsc) ? 

after that, can you "ping 192.168.0.2"  the camera successfully in windows cmd?

I am not sure if a Ethernet over USB Protocol is described in the  FLIR manual ...

is there another way to connect the camera to the pc?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(673 Views)

NO, the camera can only be connected through USB-2 cable.

I pinged the camera in camera in cmd and I am getting answer from it. Bt the point is how am i going to access it ?

I thinkn I have to go with the OCR method because I do not see any hope now of connecting the camera through ip address. I tried to extract text from the image through OCR but unfortunately it is not working properly.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(662 Views)

Hello,

I am reading the temperature values from a picture through OCR. I converted the original image to greyscale and increased the contrast of the image to read the numbers properly but when I choose ROI as rectangle then it does not seperate 2 and 9 but consider them as one number.

Is it because the distance between 2 and 9 is very small ?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(663 Views)

I have been asking for help from last one week.

I am stuck in a situation where I have to read the temperature values from the screen of direct show camera. I am able top read the numbers but cannot read the point in between numbers as shown in the image.

I tried to train the OCR for a full stop but it does not work. please, if someone can help in this ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(672 Views)

If your results are always XX.X why not just do a bit of formatting, rather than spending a week on OCR?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(660 Views)

My results could be both in XX.X and XXX format.

If it was just XX.X or XXX then it would have been easy to extract.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(654 Views)

Why don't you try scanning for the decimal point separately from the OCR.
Do a pattern match in a smaller rectangle that can capture it and detect its presence or not, and then from its relative position, you will have the format:

X.XX (decimal left of centre)

XX.X (decimal right of centre)

XXX (no decimal)

With the OCR you've then got 3 numbers, and with the pattern match you've got a decimal position, assemble a string using the required format and you've done it.

It's nasty and grubby, but sometimes, you work with what you've got.

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(615 Views)