LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numerical integration of Force and Velocity graphs to obtain energy.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Respected Members!

I am presently working on Force Velocity integration to obtain energy of a falling hammer. I have attached two accelerometers and two strain guages to a rod, on which the hammer shall fall. I have attached the pictures which better explain the problems.
i m using Ni-cDaq 9172 and NI9237 ( accelerometers are piezoresistive) 

Please advise how to go about it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,633 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

on the integration part:

Integration of discrete samples is just the sum of sample value * dt (sampling interval) in the simplest implementation. LabVIEW also provides functions to do the integration of waveform data…

On your triggering problem:

- You might set an analog start trigger in your DAQmx task when the hardware supports such triggers.

- You might analyze your data after sampling to find the triggers on your own. Most often it's a simple threshold limit of the signal, sometimes you can also use the derivation of the signal…

What have you tried so far?

Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,623 Views)

I have generated a graph which ideally should be for the force and velocity. but how to do the integration of both with respect to time. i am attaching a vi. 
please advise how to record these graphs into separate columns(arrays perhaps), which can later be used to plot a graph based on different energies in each hammer blow.

Kindly correct me if i have done the integration the right way.

i am attaching the formula as well..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,601 Views)

Once you have data that appears to be correct, you could log that data to an Excel or TDMS file for post-analysis. Here is a good resource for getting started on TDMS/Excel logging: http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51339/en/

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(2,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ahmed.Arsalan

Hi Ahmed,

but how to do the integration of both with respect to time.

Right now you seem to have used the right ExpressVIs in the right order.

(I wouldn#t call this "programming", but just "configuring"…)

please advise how to record these graphs into separate columns(arrays perhaps), which can later be used to plot a graph based on different energies in each hammer blow.

There are more ExpressVIs, even ones for saving data to files…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ahmed.Arsalan

Thanks alot sir.

One last query is, how i can configure a software trigger on of the source , that is strain guage, and with that trigger , the accelerometer reading also starts, take 10k samples and auto stop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,578 Views)