LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numerical Game

Hello, It has been a while since I posted in the forum.

During my spare time, I have encountered a quiet interesting numerical game and I plan to convert it into a vi.

The game rules is to figure out opponents 4 digit numbers that have no digit the same.

Further game rules explained in examples.

Let's say the opponent B has the following # 4321.

When I say 1359, my number has 2 common numbers with player B : 1 & 3.

3 is in the right location while 1 is in different location. Player B must reply with X(standing for 1) and O(for 3).

X is the used to indicate a digit of the 4 digit number that I suggested is present in player B's number but is not in place.

While O stands that I have got a number in its correct position.

After few rounds I should get the number of player B.

if I say 1234  I should get 4 Xs 0Os

If I say 5678 I should get 0Xs 0Os

When I say4321 I should get 4Os.

I want to use Labview to get the opponents number. The vi should include 2 inputs for number of Xs and Os present.

The vi should include a suggested number to be asked to player B.

And when the number of Os is 4 the game is finished.

The vi should have an efficient way suggesting for solving the task. ( Its like playing sudoku)

Do you have ideas to start with the game. What template should I use. remarks or suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,514 Views)

You're describing a numerical variation of good old Mastermind.  Here's a NI Community page for one version:  https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22672

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,512 Views)

Thank You for your reply, I'll try to do a decent program and Ill post it on the forum for further help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,454 Views)