LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric control bug when max and min range is invalid

It appears in LabVIEW 8.6.1, and 8.6.1f1, that if an invalid range is set for the maximum and minimum values of a numeric control that LabVIEW will roll one of the values back to the previous value if the increment value is changed.  Even if the new value is valid the OK button will remain greyed out.  Below is an example of how to recreate the problem. 

1.) Create a new VI and place a numeric on the front panel.

2.) Select properties for the numeric and navigate to the Data Entry Tab.

3.) Deselct "Use Default Limits"

4.) Set Minimum equal to 0

5.) Set Maximum equal to -1  (Note that a message is displayed saying this is not a valid range of values and the OK button is greyed)

6.) Now set the increment to any given value other than 0.  (The maximum should now change back to it's previous value and the OK button will still remain greyed out.)

Not a really big problem, just one I noticed along with some other things till I applied the 8.6.1.1f1 patch.  The patch appeared to fix all of the other items except this one.

Message Edited by Dillon G on 06-03-2009 10:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,305 Views)

Yep, fix1 didn't fix that.

Also, does anyone else have the superimposed text issue I'm having in that box? (see pic) Same on 8.6.1, 8.6.1f1. I think there's at least one other box with this issue.

edit: also note that my pic shows the issue Dillon talked about. The OK button is greyed out but there's nothing wrong with the values.

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 06-03-2009 02:27 PM
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,283 Views)