From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Operations with transfer functions

Dear Friends,
       I am relatively new to labview and i am using labview 8.2. I wanted to know that how can i perform a numeric operation between an array and a transfer function. I am attaching a sample of what I have been able to do, but the output is in the waveform pattern. Can anyone suggest a better way to perform this operations. Any suggestions will be of great help.

Thank you.
Shashank
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 42
(3,789 Views)
Hi Shashank,

could you attach your sample?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 42
(3,773 Views)
sorry sir, i dont have these versions of lbaview. and also i dont have windows xp. is there anything else that i can do with it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 42
(3,771 Views)
this is my sample.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 42
(3,770 Views)
Hi Shashank,

you seem to have LV8.2...

I changed your vi a little bit, but still I don't know what exactly you want to do...
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 42
(3,768 Views)
thanks a lot for your generous help. i will try and implement this solution. also the way i am getting delay, is it right. also is there a way to see the delay on graph. example if we give an inout signal sine wave we shud see the delay in the signal after applyin it to  a transfer function with a specific delay. i hope u are getting wat i want to say.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 42
(3,758 Views)

Shank,

What is the operation that you are trying to do with Control Design? It is not very clear what the fnal goal. There are several ways to do things with LabVIEW that would be more suited for your final problem.

Just to let you know, as of LabVIEW 8.5, we introduced basic operations of models (that can be in State-Space, Transfer Function and ZPK). So, you can multiply a scalar value by a Transfer Functions model, giving a transfer function scaled back. Before, you would need to do operations with that.

Additional to this, also consider using Simulation Module 8.2 for changing the paramters on the fly. I noticed that you are trying to use the Simulation Signal Express VI and try to simulate the transfer function on the fly. This is EXACTLY what you can do with Simulation Module, but in a more natural way. If you have LabVIEW 8.5, the Control Design Toolkit and the Simulation Module are part of the same product called Control Design and Simulation Module 8.5.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can of more assistance!

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 42
(3,738 Views)
           Thank you sir for your reply and time. The thing is that i am trying to implement a model in Labview. It is a Cardiovascualr Model. In this i have to multiply a waveform (static) reading it from XL sheets. Then this waveform undergoes this calculations like multiplication and addition. Also it has a transfer function to be multiplied with. A delay also has to be inserted. If you want I can attach the block diagram for it so that you can get a better view about it. and then after all this calculations i get a final value of this same input, changed ofcourse.
           I hope i gave an idea atleast of what I want. If you can help me with this will be of great help. I will be highly obliged.

Thanking you,
Shashank.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 42
(3,706 Views)
also can anyone tell me how to rate an answer?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 42
(3,704 Views)
Hi shank,

that's easy: in right lower corner of the message are buttons (numbered from 1 to 5) to click.
But: the rating system changed...
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 10 of 42
(3,701 Views)