From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of digits on slider digital display

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a slider control with a display format of %.1f which works nicely for the scale. On the Appearance tab I have checked Show digital displays. This display seems to have no formatting control. I tried adjusting the size but it does not adjust neatly, either too many digits or partial digits displayed. Can it not be controlled except by creating my own indicator?

Also I would like to know the difference between Numeric and Digital Display on the Display format tab. 

thanx,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,954 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021
Go to the slider Properties -> Display Format. And where it says "Numeric" choose Digital Display. Then you can format it.

jvh75021 wrote:

Also I would like to know the difference between Numeric and Digital Display on the Display format tab. 

thanx,

jvh 

It seems that you know the answer yourself.

"Numeric" formats the scale's legend numbers. "Digital display" formats the digital display.

Message Edited by Giedrius.S on 02-11-2010 03:07 PM
Message Edited by Giedrius.S on 02-11-2010 03:08 PM
---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
Message 2 of 7
(2,950 Views)

Mega Duhs on me! I kept looking at that and thinking it was 2 different display formats, not 2 different objects, though I admit I couldn't see how they were really different.

Now you all know why I use an alias instead of my real name....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,929 Views)

jvh75021 wrote:

Mega Duhs on me!...

Where were you when I thought it was cool that my name was still unregistered? Smiley Very Happy

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,926 Views)

jvh75021 wrote:

Mega Duhs on me! I kept looking at that and thinking it was 2 different display formats, not 2 different objects, though I admit I couldn't see how they were really different.

Nah, it's nothing to worry about. The more you practise, the more such stories you can tell. E.g. today it took me about 10 minutes to realize that the problem why I can't draw a scale on a desired picture is only because I have forgot to wire the "scale specs" input to the Draw Scale.vi. Smiley Surprised

---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,917 Views)

Giedrius.S wrote:

jvh75021 wrote:

Nah, it's nothing to worry about. The more you practise, the more such stories you can tell. E.g. today it took me about 10 minutes to realize that the problem why I can't draw a scale on a desired picture is only because I have forgot to wire the "scale specs" input to the Draw Scale.vi. Smiley Surprised

In the heat of battle I found myself frustrated because I could not get a control to react when I typed a new value. So I posted thinking I had a bug and Dennis replied something to the effect;

"Advnaced >>> Enabled State >>> Enable

Smiley Mad

Smiley Happy

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,914 Views)

Ben wrote:

"Advnaced >>> Enabled State >>> Enable

I'm sure you never forgot that one.

Two ways to learn... Through knowledge or through mistakes.

Somehow,  karma chose mistakes for me..  Likely due to a lack of patience...  And being ADD  😉  😛

I have to learn to relax, but I have no patience for it... 😮

Back to ++sea...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,904 Views)