From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Num control starts over with the mouse wheel

Solved!
Go to solution

I made a couple of posts here about scrollwheels on arrays. Its a different use case but you can probably still use the "delta" from the event data to achieve what you need.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Don-t-allow-mouse-wheel-to-scroll-the-vertical-scrollbar-after/m-p/...

Have a play with and see what you can come up with 🙂

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,150 Views)

I listened to deceased and here is what I did. It is a workaround the issue but it should work and it's easy to add in the program.

I disabled the "built-in wheel mouse support" in the proprieties of the controls

Scroll wheel.png

Thank you all

Yddet

Message 12 of 18
(1,141 Views)

Just a reminder to be careful with the "in range" function's default limits: upper limit is not included lower limit is..

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
Message 13 of 18
(1,137 Views)

@crabman wrote:

Just a reminder to be careful with the "in range" function's default limits: upper limit is not included lower limit is..

Yes, its a good point to remember!  Black diamond indicates included, open diamond is not. They are settable in the right click context menus.

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,128 Views)

Good to know, I never noticed that.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,113 Views)

This is still an issue in 21.0.1f2. It just really bit me badly.

One of the benefits of the built-in mouse wheel support is changing the increment based on the position of the cursor, I can not find a way to do this without the built-in mouse-wheel support.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(812 Views)

@Wiznilly wrote:

This is still an issue in 21.0.1f2. It just really bit me badly.

One of the benefits of the built-in mouse wheel support is changing the increment based on the position of the cursor, I can not find a way to do this without the built-in mouse-wheel support.

If this is still a problem (not tested), you can easily detect a rollover in software and act accordingly before the rest of the code sees it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(786 Views)

Altenbach,

Thanks for the response. My post was intended to just (re-)report the issue, but now that you mention the workaround... here is what I have considered:

Let's say that my limits are 1-100, I put a hard limit on the absolute difference between the old and new values and just ignore anything that is greater than half the range (50).  Is there a better way?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(764 Views)