LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Num control starts over with the mouse wheel

Solved!
Go to solution

I made a couple of posts here about scrollwheels on arrays. Its a different use case but you can probably still use the "delta" from the event data to achieve what you need.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Don-t-allow-mouse-wheel-to-scroll-the-vertical-scrollbar-after/m-p/...

Have a play with and see what you can come up with 🙂

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,155 Views)

I listened to deceased and here is what I did. It is a workaround the issue but it should work and it's easy to add in the program.

I disabled the "built-in wheel mouse support" in the proprieties of the controls

Scroll wheel.png

Thank you all

Yddet

Message 12 of 18
(1,146 Views)

Just a reminder to be careful with the "in range" function's default limits: upper limit is not included lower limit is..

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
Message 13 of 18
(1,142 Views)

@crabman wrote:

Just a reminder to be careful with the "in range" function's default limits: upper limit is not included lower limit is..

Yes, its a good point to remember!  Black diamond indicates included, open diamond is not. They are settable in the right click context menus.

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,133 Views)

Good to know, I never noticed that.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,118 Views)

This is still an issue in 21.0.1f2. It just really bit me badly.

One of the benefits of the built-in mouse wheel support is changing the increment based on the position of the cursor, I can not find a way to do this without the built-in mouse-wheel support.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(817 Views)

@Wiznilly wrote:

This is still an issue in 21.0.1f2. It just really bit me badly.

One of the benefits of the built-in mouse wheel support is changing the increment based on the position of the cursor, I can not find a way to do this without the built-in mouse-wheel support.

If this is still a problem (not tested), you can easily detect a rollover in software and act accordingly before the rest of the code sees it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(791 Views)

Altenbach,

Thanks for the response. My post was intended to just (re-)report the issue, but now that you mention the workaround... here is what I have considered:

Let's say that my limits are 1-100, I put a hard limit on the absolute difference between the old and new values and just ignore anything that is greater than half the range (50).  Is there a better way?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(769 Views)