LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nugget of the day: unexpandable Merge Errors node

I have found a little funny bug in the Merge Errors node, which I am unfortunately not able to share except through a video:

Unexpandable Merge Errors Node Video

Basically, I inserted the Merge Error node in an error wire, with the plan to expand it and connect an additional error wire to it, but I did not manage to expand it.

The video illustrates my vain efforts.

Interestingly, if I ctrl-copied the node into the same diagram (obtaining a standalone copy of the node), I could not expand it either.

However, if I copied that node into another VI (or opened a copy of the whole VI including the node), the copy behaved as expected.

If I opened that same VI in another instance of LabVIEW, the node behaved as expected.

I tried Ctrl-Run Arrow on the VI, to no avail.

Not sure what this is due to, but I found that curious enough to report.

Tested in LV 2013 SP1f2 64 bit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,839 Views)

It may be a subtly insane VI.  Do you have report warnings option turned on?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,825 Views)

That might well be the case, but I am planning on leaving that session alove for a few more days, so no way for me to check whether something wrong has happened.

I already had signs that something was funky as reported here...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,799 Views)

I have also had a funny bug before where occasionally the IDE craps out and all of the 'resizing squares' for resizing structures (e.g. while loops)/nodes (e.g. index array/merge errors) no longer appear when you hover over them and I am unable to resize them. I think closing/reopening the VI/LabVIEW fixed it.

According to NI it may have been fixed in 2014/2014SP1 but they raised CAR#520032 in any case.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,701 Views)