LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novocontrol Alpha A- Frequency Analyzer Driver

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make our own measurement program for measuring dielectric using 'Novocontrol Alpha A frequency analyzer' instrument.

The main hurdle is to make driver for this instrument because i could not be able to find driver for that.

So could any one please provide any basic labview driver for this instrumnet so that i can use it to make whole program.

I am looking to all labview developer or any user who are using this kind of instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,086 Views)
In case you don't get a driver, at http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/ there are links on how to create your own and contacts to developers that will do it for you.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,075 Views)

Dear 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,069 Views)
Well, if you want help with the code you've written, attach it with details such as any error messages you might be getting. Include the programming manual. Contacting the vendor would be a logical step.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,065 Views)

Yes , it would be better but actually this instruments had bought so many years earlier such that i think company personnel wont be intertain with this problem.

Also this time i have made just small module to check weather the instrument responding or not on proper mentioned commands. So i have not that much any block diagram.

I am waiting for proper made labview driver.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,061 Views)
So you aren't even going to try? It's listed on their web site so it should be supported no matter when you bought it.

Another option is to use their software. If it can use a GPIB controller from NI, then you can use I/O Trace/NI-Spy to capture the commands.

Since there has been zero posts on Novocontrol on the NI boards, it's a distinct possibility that no one here has used it so you might want to do more than just wait for someone to give you some code.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,049 Views)

Yes, ofcourse i will try any option to complete my job. On basis of your helpful information i will now try with company personnel to help for the job. Also you have discuss some NI I/O trace, here in the instrumnet already using Novocontrol made program for measurement by using GPIB card made from Nvocontrol. 

So how can i use already made software of Novocontrol to develop our labview program, i am not much aware with NI I/O Trace.

Please give some basic module to learn it if you have.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,041 Views)
I/O Trace is a utility program available in MAX. It records all GPIB commands and responses. It only works with controllers from NI however so you are out of luck. If you are using that proprietary card, that would explain why you can't get anything to work with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,034 Views)