LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novice in web publishing

Dear,

I am a novice in Web publishing.
(I got to know the web service from a NI's Labview seminar.)

After opening a sample code(very simple!) and activating the server option, I tried to make the web service of the sample code.
(All web options were allowed.)
When I  pressed the "preview in browser", the internet explorer(IE) was launched.
But the IE was shut down very shortly.
(I checked this error was related to COM+ Event System from the windows' event viewer)

My OS is windows 2k pro(SP4, and there is no IIS operation) and I used labview 7.1 and IE6.0.
Almost all patchs of windows are covered.

1. Could you give me some checklists for previewing my web service?

2. Actually, I would like to check(or control) my VI's data in remote.
Besides the web publishing, could you recommend some new idea for my work?

Thank you in advance.

Sungjun Lee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,636 Views)
I didn't use log file option, therefore this couldn't be the solution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,620 Views)

Hi labmaster,

Do you have a pop-up blocker enabled?  The behavior you are seeing could be caused by this sort of software.  Are you able to save the .htm file and view the remote panel itself in a browser?  It may also be helpful to take a look at this document on Remote Panels:  http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/8BC90A5F744A482886256BA000681713.

Good luck!

Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,600 Views)

Thanks..

I can't see the front panel in the browser(IE).

Some popup blocker was removed.

IE was shut down just after trying to download the labview program.

These are the same in both local and remote trying.

Could you please help me more?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,594 Views)

Hi labmaster,

I have a few questions for you:

1. What example program are you using?  If it is not an example that ships with LabVIEW, please attach the code.  

2. What exactly is happening with Internet Explorer?  Is the browser simply closing itself or is it crashing and giving you an error?  If you are getting an error, what is the exact text? 

3. What version of LabVIEW are you using?

4. What process are you using to publish the remote front panel?  Have you looked over the LabVIEW Help for "Viewing a Front Panel Remotely Using a Browser"?

Thanks!

Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,573 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

1. What example program are you using?  If it is not an example that ships with LabVIEW, please attach the code.  

-> Simulated "Generated and Display" in Labview 7.1

2. What exactly is happening with Internet Explorer?  Is the browser simply closing itself or is it crashing and giving you an error?  If you are getting an error, what is the exact text? 

-> Both IE and Labview were disappeared after the message(translated) of "There is an error in labview.exe. you should run the program again. we are writing the error log"

-> When I connect to the server in IE in both local and remote by writing the server address,

only Labview was shut down with the same message and "remote panel connection is closed" was shown in IE.

3. What version of LabVIEW are you using?

->7.1

4. What process are you using to publish the remote front panel?  Have you looked over the LabVIEW Help for "Viewing a Front Panel Remotely Using a Browser"?
But I can't find the labview help you wrote.

If you give some check lists, please let me know.
And I would like to know if there is a registry code in window starting.

Very thank you for the reply.

Sungjun Lee 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,551 Views)
Hi labmaster,

From the error message, it sounds like you are experiencing a Windows or LabVIEW crash. Please submit a screenshot of the error dialog. In case the error dialog is a LabVIEW dialog, please make sure to submit the log-file to NI, since it gets send to the R&D department for possible troubleshooting.

The "Viewing a Front Panel Remotely Using a Browser" that Megan is mentioning can be found by opening LabVIEW and going to "Help » VI, Function, & How-To Help... » Search" and search for the sentence "Viewing a Front Panel Remotely Using a Browser" including the quotes.

In the "Web Publishing Tool", make sure to save the *.htm file by clicking the "Save to file" button. After that, you can access the remote panel by specifying "http://localhost/[name of VI].htm". If that doesn't work, do you see the LabVIEW server in Internet Explorer when typing "localhost" as the URL?

If this still doesn't help, please specify other ports than the default port (port 80). Make sure to specify the port in the URL after the IP address/name ("http://localhost:81" for port 81 on the same machine).

Let me know if any of this helps, thanks.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,546 Views)