From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifier not received when other code in while loop exists

First.  DO NOT run wires backwards like that one out of obtain queue! and do not wire inputs to loops on the right side!

Whatever the boolean to the AND primitive is is likely a latching boolean control

and why are you ovewriting the waveform timing info?

try something like this:

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(959 Views)

@belopsky wrote:

The issue I have now is that only the first time the element is enqueued does it work..the next time nothing gets enqueued...Not sure why.

Hope this snippet helps to troubleshoot

Then the problem is probably in your left hand loop where you are enqueuing your data.  But since the snippet shows only a very small portion of that loop, we can't guess what is going on in the parts we can't see.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(955 Views)

I probed the case where the element is being enqueued, it seems to be calling it correctly (goes True when I need it to go True) but nothing is being enqueued after the first time..

Thank you all!queue_3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(949 Views)

If that boolean goes true, then the true case must be executing, and something must be getting enqueued.  Have you tried highlight execution?  Or put probes on your wires?

You have a value(signalling) property node in a case structure right after you DAQmx read.  But it is impossible to know what it is for because the label that shows what control that property node goes to is not visible.

Are you trying to control an event structure with that property node?  Something seems odd about that construct.

Why are you using array to cluster after the DAQmx waveform read then using Unbundle cluster?  You should just be using Index Array.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(942 Views)

Yes, that property node is controlling some voltage behavior in an event structure. 

I did put a probe on the 'queue refnum' wire from the 'Enqueue Element' inside the True case structure.

After the first element is enqueued, the Value is: 1-enqueued elements; Which then turns to 0-enqueued elements.

And no other elements get enqueued, the 'Last Update' column in the Probe Watch Monitor continues to be updated so it is being executed..

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(933 Views)

I wouldn't trust the information in a probe on a refnum for it's count on how many elements are enqueued.  If that refnum probe keeps showing it is being updated, then the Enqueue must be working.

So what aspect (besides that #-enqueued) are you using to decide that things aren't being enqueued.)

(Be sure to show the label on that property node so your code is properly documenting what boolean control it is linked to.)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(930 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Are you trying to control an event structure with that property node?  Something seems odd about that construct.

I Think he is looking for an honorable mention on the Rube Goldberg thread

If soethin is not equal to false it IS true So the And input goes TRUE only when "injection" is false, but you write the p-node to true on falling and rising edges of injection

Is that what you wanted?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(928 Views)

The p-node Value(Signaling) is written to true in the TRUE case but nothing is in the FALSE case..

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(917 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

I Think he is looking for an honorable mention on the Rube Goldberg thread

If soethin is not equal to false it IS true So the And input goes TRUE only when "injection" is false, but you write the p-node to true on falling and rising edges of injection

Is that what you wanted?

Jeff, I think you missed the shift register.  So it is when the values changes that they write to the property node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(906 Views)

crossrulz: Yes, thanks, the shift register handles the correct value assignment.

What is a good way for me to check what is being enqueued, other than a probe on the queue refnum wire?

I am looking at this example, cant see what really I am missing..just tested this example too, and it works just fine..

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2431

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(900 Views)