LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all vis are availble to standar users in windows 2000

I have LabView 6.0.2 installed on some Windows 2000 Professional stand alone boxes. My users do not see and cannot access all of the vis unless I give them administrative priveledges. For example, in the I/O pallette, the Write to Spreadsheet File.vi is not available amongst others. I do not have this problem with my domain controlled NT4 boxes. Is there some way that I can assign a reduced priveledge set to my Win2K users and still maintain the full functionality of LabView?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,318 Views)
Navigate to the \vi.lib\utility\file.llb and make sure all users have at least read access to this llb.

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,318 Views)
Thanks. I verified the permissions and found that the correct permissions were set. I found this odd considering the problem so I checked off the "Reset permissions on all child objects ...." check box from the advanced dialog accessible from the security pane of the folder properties dialog and applied it. This cured the problem on the utility vis so, to clear up matters as a whole I did the same thing to the vi.lib folder. I keep my systems right up to date and do not know which patch may have caused this (Windows or NI) to occur but I will keep an eye out for similar occurences. I can again rest easy knowing that our students no longer require administrative access to our boxes. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,318 Views)