LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to interface datataker.

I need to interface datataker to labview. I copied files which were in the driver zip(datataker driver for labview) into user.lib as instructed in release notes. But labview NiMAX is unable to detect the datataker connected. When accessed through web its working fine. But when in case of labview, when lan cable is connected its not at all detected by labview. When USB cable is connected the datataker is detected in NiMax but Status is "Unknown" and in the top is shows "There was a problem updating the setting for this device Error code: 80004005".

I am mainly trying to use labview, because of the limited capability of handling and manipulating data in the web application by the datataker dex web application.

Please give a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,101 Views)

Please provide more information.  What is "datataker"?  Is this a third-party product?  Do you have a manual for it?  Can you provide more information so that we can "read the manual", know that it pertains to your hardware, and see if we can understand how it should interface with LabVIEW?  [We could do a Web search and "guess", but that sounds like a waste of our time, better to ask you to provide the littlest bit of help to us ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,045 Views)
https://www.dataloggerinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/dataTaker_DT85_series4.pdf

Above link is the specification sheet.

Yes its a third party hardware(Datalogger).

After copying driver in the specified folder as specified in the release files. Ni MAX was able to detect datataker through Ethernet cable via "VISA TCP/IP". Then there are many examples in the same(driver) folder. I tried to run high level programs. While running it, an error with error code 6000 pops up. I am not able to understand or rectify what cause this error.

Appreciate for responding.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,037 Views)

Thank you for providing more information.  Here are some questions:

• What version of Windows are you running?  Include whether 32-bit or 64-bit.
  • What version of LabVIEW are you running?  32-bit or 64-bit?
  • I'm not sure what is meant by "dataTaker DT80 range data logger", but is this what you have?
  • Do you have NI-VISA installed?
  • How are you connecting to this device?  Ethernet or USB?  If Ethernet, are you plugging the device directly into your PC's Ethernet port?  through a Router?  Is the device on a local network?
  • Which of the Demo routines did you try to run?  Tell us your experience.  Note that the "High-level VIs" are supposed to be the "Easy" ones, which I think means they make most of the "decisions" for you, with one set for TCP/IP, the other for USB/"Serial".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,028 Views)

I have tried it on windows 8(64 bit) and windows 10(64bit).

In windows 8 I have tried it on Labview 2013, in windows 10 i have tried it on Labview 2018.

More details about the Datalogger-

Model No : DT4DT85

Datataker DT85 Series 4

16-48 Analog channels

12 Digital channels

I have Ni VISA installed. I have connected an ethernet cable directly to the datataker from pc. Yes this device is on a local subnetwork(i had to change from dynamic to static ip to be in the same subnetwork). I have tried all the demo routines given in the driver folder.

In all the case I'm getting Error code 6000. I also tried with the serial connection by usb cable. But in that case sometimes it show some graph in the output for vi's like "DT8x AcquireHistoricalWaveformsThruSerial". Sometimes it shows error 6000 and sometimes it does not respond.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,014 Views)

Short of shipping the device to one of us to explore, I'd suggest doing (all of) the following:

• Connect your device.  I think that initially going the USB/Serial route will be easier, so plug it into a USB port.
  • Open MAX.  Expand Devices and Interfaces and open the DataTaker device.  Take a ScreenShot and attach it.
  • Now open the Software Tab.  Take another ScreenShot (we only need the left-hand pane here), expanding the window as needed.
  • Finally, attach the VI (or VIs -- if there are more than 2 or 3 that you are using, put them in a folder, compress the folder, and attach the resulting .zip file.  Note that for this last step, we (and here, I mean "especially I") don't want ScreenShots, we want actual VIs that we can edit, inspect, and potentially run.

Providing us with as much relevant information as possible will lead to less "guesswork" on our part.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,008 Views)

Any progress on this? Is it due to 64 bit? My LabVIEW just lost connection and comes up with error 6000 as soon as I shifted to a new version of LabVIEW (64 bit 2018). Now it won't even work with LabVIEW 32 bit 2015 when it previously did...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,738 Views)

@Xath wrote:

Any progress on this? Is it due to 64 bit? My LabVIEW just lost connection and comes up with error 6000 as soon as I shifted to a new version of LabVIEW (64 bit 2018). Now it won't even work with LabVIEW 32 bit 2015 when it previously did...

@Xath -- who are you?  Are you AbeIEEE, who posted the original question, but hasn't provided any additional information for us to work on?  Otherwise, why are you hijacking this post?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,717 Views)