LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find error in DD VIs...

I get "strange" errors when changing dynamic dispatch VIs in classes. I change DD VI terminal layouts or something like that. I correct all VIs of the set of this DD VIs. All VIs in the set have the same terminal layout, same terminal types. All VIs in the set have the same execution (and other) settings. No one VI in the set is broken. However I still get this error:

"One or more of the set of VIs which this dynamic dispatch subVI or property item may call are broken."

This makes me really mad. Why LV isn't able to show EXACTLY where is the problem ???
Does anybody experienced similar behaviour? Where else can I look for the error/problem? 😞

*** LV2018 ***
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,003 Views)

@petrnowak wrote:

"One or more of the set of VIs which this dynamic dispatch subVI or property item may call are broken."

This makes me really mad. Why LV isn't able to show EXACTLY where is the problem ???
Does anybody experienced similar behaviour? Where else can I look for the error/problem? 😞

Early version of LVOOP were lacking in the ability to ID the failure.

Yes I have seen that.

You should view the class hierarchy and ensure you have not missed ANY stating with the parent and then all of the children.

If you still have trouble you may want to revert to the previous unmodified version and then try single stepping into the DD VI and LV will let you choose which flavor of the children you want to step into. That dialog will show you all of the options and may give you a hint at what you have missed.

Not much else I can say aside from have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,981 Views)

@petrnowak wrote:

I get "strange" errors when changing dynamic dispatch VIs in classes. I change DD VI terminal layouts or something like that. I correct all VIs of the set of this DD VIs. All VIs in the set have the same terminal layout, same terminal types. All VIs in the set have the same execution (and other) settings. No one VI in the set is broken. However I still get this error:

Usually, one of the terminals is optional, and another implementation's terminal is required. You can see this in the help, required inputs are bold.

In LV13 this was really buggy, I could swear I've seen Dynamic Dispatch inputs that where not required. That shouldn't be possible, but I'm sure it did. When this happened (crashes usually not too far away) restarting LV didn't help. I had to change all DD inputs from DD to required, then back to DD...

I agree, the problem is not communicated very well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,973 Views)

@petrnowak wrote:

I have ran into this occasionally.  I think the last time, I just closed the project I was working in and then opened it back up.  That somehow cleared the error.  You could also try clearing the compile cache (Tools->Advanced->Clear Compiled Object Cache).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,904 Views)