LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to edit VI Icon developed by NI (TestStand User Interface)

Hello All,

I am developing an user Interface TestStand Using LabVIEW, While Doing so i have used few Sub VI's which is already being developed by NI.

I need to update the VI Icon with my standard icon but its not allowing me to do.

Anyone faced Similiar error/is there any other option to edit?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,206 Views)
If these are NI's VIs, why are you trying to change the icon? The VIs might be in vi.lib or part of examples/libraries and therefore you are not supposed to modify them.

If you need to do that, you should create a copy of the library, give it a different name and then edit the copy instead.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,193 Views)

Moved to different location(Project Files), Still not able to edit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,184 Views)

You are an expircend forum user, so you know that the best way to help you, is to share your code, that you have trouble with, with us.

Message 4 of 12
(3,172 Views)

@dkfire wrote:

You are an expircend forum user, so you know that the best way to help you, is to share your code, that you have trouble with, with us.

Sorry about that, as it is a generic VI developed by NI, I did not attach the code.

For Full library files:

Library path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2014 (64-bit)\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured\LabVIEW\Source Code\TestExec.llb

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,166 Views)

I have no problem to edit the icon of that VI. 

Remember when you use a VI from an example to only edit a copy of that example, not the example itself. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,163 Views)

So its not possible to customize an existing example VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,161 Views)

It is, and it should be, but just remember not to overwrite the examples. 

If you overwrite the examples, then you will loose your base example. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,154 Views)

Sorry for Long Conversation. I made a duplicate copy in my work directory but still i am not able to edit.

I can create my own VI, but need to understand why i am not able to edit that VI. and also wanted to know how to Prevent  from editing, so that i can able to use for future requirements if any.

Are you able to edit icon for the attached VI (Earlier Post)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,149 Views)
Did you check if it was set to 'read only' in the file properties of the OS?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,139 Views)