From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create OUT file with "nidll_vxworks" in Matlab for use with the LabVIEW SIT 2010 and a cRio 9073, sh.exe error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to compile an OUT file for my Simulink model using "nidll_vxworks" and run it using the Simulation Interface Toolkit for a cRIO 9073 . I am able to compile the DLL file using "nidll" and succesfully run the simulation using my PC as the host.

I already downloaded the "gccdist" and "vxworks61gccdist" folders and copied them to "c:" When I build the model in Sumulink I get the following error at the end of the process (at the same time windows tells me that "sh.exe" has stopped working). If it matters I am running Windows 7 64bits, but using Matlab 2009b 32bits and LabView 2010 32 bits. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. "QofV" is the name of my Simulink model and I changed to "XXX" parts of the file path.

### Linking ...
rm -f "QofV.out" ctdt.c;nmppc QofV.o QofV_data.o rtGetInf.o rtGetNaN.o rt_logging.o rt_look.o rt_look1d.o rt_nonfinite.o  nidll_main.o rt_sim.o ode8.o    | tclsh c:/gccdist/WindRiver/vxworks-6.3/host/resource/hutils/tcl/munch.tcl -c ppc > ctdt.c 

abnormal program termination 
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\make426012.sh: fork failed: no child processes [1]
make: *** [QofV.out] Error 1 
### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'QofV' aborted due to an error.
>> 

### Linking ...rm -f "QofV.out" ctdt.c;nmppc QofV.o QofV_data.o rtGetInf.o rtGetNaN.o rt_logging.o rt_look.o rt_look1d.o rt_nonfinite.o  nidll_main.o rt_sim.o ode8.o    | tclsh c:/gccdist/WindRiver/vxworks-6.3/host/resource/hutils/tcl/munch.tcl -c ppc > ctdt.c  

abnormal program termination 

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\make426012.sh: fork failed: no child processes [1]make: *** [QofV.out] Error 1 ### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'QofV' aborted due to an error.>>

### Linking ...rm -f "QofV.out" ctdt.c;nmppc QofV.o QofV_data.o rtGetInf.o rtGetNaN.o rt_logging.o rt_look.o rt_look1d.o rt_nonfinite.o  nidll_main.o rt_sim.o ode8.o    | tclsh c:/gccdist/WindRiver/vxworks-6.3/host/resource/hutils/tcl/munch.tcl -c ppc > ctdt.c  abnormal program termination C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\make426012.sh: fork failed: no child processes [1]make: *** [QofV.out] Error 1 ### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'QofV' aborted due to an error.>> 

Javier Ruiz - Partner at JKI
jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,752 Views)

In addition. I manage to create the QofV.OUT file sometimes. It looks very random to me. With the same Simulink model I get the error most of the time, but once every 100 compilations it works. I am thinking there is another process that makes the sh.exe crash.

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jarcTek

GCC 6.1 is only suported on Windows XP.  It is almost noted in the readme_sit_vxworks.txt that can be found in C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\xxxx\VxWorks (where xxxx is the version of SIT).  It says:

*Known Issues
---------------------------
- The WindRiver GNU Toolchain 6.3 and 6.1 do not work on Windows Vista.

To be more explicit it should be "Vista and later".

Carl L

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,725 Views)

Ok. Thanks.

Do I have an option if I want to use my Win 7 machine?

Thank you again for your reply!

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,720 Views)

Hello jarcTec,

I am not sure right now if you can do it, but this tutorial might help, also everything was made in Winddows 7 in this one.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11654

Take a quick look and let me know if it works!!!

Luis Elias
NI VeriStand and HIL Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,712 Views)

Hello Luis.

I was actually using that tutorial when I ran into the problem described above. It may not be an issue with Windows 7 but with Windows 64 bits in general. 

I managed to get an XP 32bits machine and compile the out files there without a problem.

Regards,

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,708 Views)