LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create OUT file with "nidll_vxworks" in Matlab for use with the LabVIEW SIT 2010 and a cRio 9073, sh.exe error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to compile an OUT file for my Simulink model using "nidll_vxworks" and run it using the Simulation Interface Toolkit for a cRIO 9073 . I am able to compile the DLL file using "nidll" and succesfully run the simulation using my PC as the host.

I already downloaded the "gccdist" and "vxworks61gccdist" folders and copied them to "c:" When I build the model in Sumulink I get the following error at the end of the process (at the same time windows tells me that "sh.exe" has stopped working). If it matters I am running Windows 7 64bits, but using Matlab 2009b 32bits and LabView 2010 32 bits. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. "QofV" is the name of my Simulink model and I changed to "XXX" parts of the file path.

### Linking ...
rm -f "QofV.out" ctdt.c;nmppc QofV.o QofV_data.o rtGetInf.o rtGetNaN.o rt_logging.o rt_look.o rt_look1d.o rt_nonfinite.o  nidll_main.o rt_sim.o ode8.o    | tclsh c:/gccdist/WindRiver/vxworks-6.3/host/resource/hutils/tcl/munch.tcl -c ppc > ctdt.c 

abnormal program termination 
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\make426012.sh: fork failed: no child processes [1]
make: *** [QofV.out] Error 1 
### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'QofV' aborted due to an error.
>> 

### Linking ...rm -f "QofV.out" ctdt.c;nmppc QofV.o QofV_data.o rtGetInf.o rtGetNaN.o rt_logging.o rt_look.o rt_look1d.o rt_nonfinite.o  nidll_main.o rt_sim.o ode8.o    | tclsh c:/gccdist/WindRiver/vxworks-6.3/host/resource/hutils/tcl/munch.tcl -c ppc > ctdt.c  

abnormal program termination 

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\make426012.sh: fork failed: no child processes [1]make: *** [QofV.out] Error 1 ### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'QofV' aborted due to an error.>>

### Linking ...rm -f "QofV.out" ctdt.c;nmppc QofV.o QofV_data.o rtGetInf.o rtGetNaN.o rt_logging.o rt_look.o rt_look1d.o rt_nonfinite.o  nidll_main.o rt_sim.o ode8.o    | tclsh c:/gccdist/WindRiver/vxworks-6.3/host/resource/hutils/tcl/munch.tcl -c ppc > ctdt.c  abnormal program termination C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\make426012.sh: fork failed: no child processes [1]make: *** [QofV.out] Error 1 ### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'QofV' aborted due to an error.>> 

Javier Ruiz - Partner at JKI
jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,704 Views)

In addition. I manage to create the QofV.OUT file sometimes. It looks very random to me. With the same Simulink model I get the error most of the time, but once every 100 compilations it works. I am thinking there is another process that makes the sh.exe crash.

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jarcTek

GCC 6.1 is only suported on Windows XP.  It is almost noted in the readme_sit_vxworks.txt that can be found in C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\xxxx\VxWorks (where xxxx is the version of SIT).  It says:

*Known Issues
---------------------------
- The WindRiver GNU Toolchain 6.3 and 6.1 do not work on Windows Vista.

To be more explicit it should be "Vista and later".

Carl L

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,677 Views)

Ok. Thanks.

Do I have an option if I want to use my Win 7 machine?

Thank you again for your reply!

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,672 Views)

Hello jarcTec,

I am not sure right now if you can do it, but this tutorial might help, also everything was made in Winddows 7 in this one.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11654

Take a quick look and let me know if it works!!!

Luis Elias
NI VeriStand and HIL Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,664 Views)

Hello Luis.

I was actually using that tutorial when I ran into the problem described above. It may not be an issue with Windows 7 but with Windows 64 bits in general. 

I managed to get an XP 32bits machine and compile the out files there without a problem.

Regards,

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,660 Views)